(quick note. This article originally appeared on adamfayed.com. To read the full article, including reviews on other banking providers, please click here — https://adamfayed.com/international-banking-and-investment-platform-reviews-lloyds-international-saxo-bank-others/)
Originally started in Spain as Banco Santander group, Santander International is the international arm of Santander Bank. They are based in the Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
The range of services on offer includes:
- Corporate solutions like corporate banking
- Foreign exchange
The positives are
- Decent corporate solutions for businesses that are registered out of the Isle of Man
- The online system is OK
- The bank accounts are reasonable value, with three currencies available including Euros, USD and GBP.
- Competitive mortgage rates for Isle of Man residents
The negatives are
- Just like most other banks, the savings accounts on offer (called Notice Accounts, Fixed Deposit and Gold Bank account) don’t offer high rates of returns. Even the fixed deposits pay only 1.5% per year….on balances above one million GBP and less on smaller accounts!
- The investment products are expensive and focus on their own products.
- On the FX side, there are much cheaper options these days, including online brokers, which I will review below.